Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer
I-Systems Limited are a leading provider of Telecommunications, IT and Electrical Services. The role of the Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer is an integral part of the UK Telecoms Field Deployment team and is responsible for ensuring our Customers telecoms infrastructure is installed on time and to the required specification.
This particular role is for work predominantly in the UK wide travel and occasional EU travel as required.
Coming from a Telecoms or electrical background you should have a good eye for detail with a ‘right first time’ attitude, excellent time keeping and the ability to work by yourself or as part of a team. You will be able to read and understand work packages and ensure that you have all the necessary tools and materials to complete any given job.
i-Systems Ltd is OHSAS 18001 accredited with Health and Safety at the core of everything we do as a company. Therefore you are expected to play a role within this ensuring that all work is carried out in a safe manner but also positively feeding back into the company to ensure that we are continually improving.
Objectives and Responsibilities:
The installation of:
– Hardware (servers, telecommunications equipment)
– Fibre optic patch cords
– CAT5e/CAT6 patch cords and cabling
– Inter-rack DC cable
– Containment (trunking, basketwork, PVC conduit)
– Coax (BT3002/RA7000/SCF14-50)
As a Data Centre Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for delivering the I-Systems installation standards, promoting safe working and upholding our core values.
Reporting to the Senior Field Engineer you will play a pivotal connection between the I-Systems and the Client.
– Assisting with the continued upkeep of the I Systems ISO9001 certification.
– Administration (timesheets, on-site documentation etc).
– Ensuring the quality of work you deliver.
– Following Health and Safety Procedures.
– Maintaining professional Customer/Client relationships
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
– Excellent MS Excel and Word skills
– Excellent customer facing skills
– Ability to work as a team or under own initiative
– Clean Driving License
– Ability to maintain customer paperwork
– Ability to report to the supervisor
– Ability to work to a high level
– Fibre splicing experience
– Fluke DTX or similar experience
– Cisco experience (installation of configs)
– IOSH Working Safely
– 18th Edition